branches/koffice/1.6/koffice/krita/plugins/filters

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Sep 7 09:50:42 CEST 2006

> SVN commit 581621 by coppens:
>
> All of these don't work sufficiently (IMO) with the adjustment layers. So
> disable them. I'm pretty sad about some of them (oilpaint, wave), but as
> long as they don't work, they'll be disabled. If people have suggestions on
> fixing any of them, feel free to do so, I'd be very happy to see them
> reappear.

We have to rethink the filter architecture a little bit for adjustement layers
(and for the preview too), but first we need to identify the list of types of
layers:
1) filter who works only on one pixels (invert, convolution, wave...)
2) filter who works only on one pixels but needs global statistics (color
transfert)
3) filter who need all the image all the time (wavelet noise reduction)

Did I miss something ?

My opinion is that all three should be available with the adjustement layer,
eventually with a warning of slowliness for type 3.

Most of type 1 are allready available. Once CoW tiles are available, all of
them would be possible.

For type 2, there is two possibilities:
- we consider that the statistics aren't much changed by each strokes, and we
only recompute them occasionally
- or, this can work at least for fast color transfert and for
brightness/contrast, somehow we give the area to apply to the filter, and he
removes the old statistics (rereading the image) and add the new one, and can
process on the new pixels for a small computational cost, it works best, but
I don't know if it will covers all case of type 2

As for type 3, we can use a timer before the last stroke and the update,
or(and ?) have the filter be applied in background.

Note: for random filters, I think the best solution for them is to use a seed
base random generator, even if the end results is correct, painting
get "annimated" with them

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---