GPL v2+, GPL v2, GPL v3, LGPL v2, LGPL v2+ ?

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Sep 6 11:37:28 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 10:57, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > That's sad, that would effectively prevents me to be willing to work on
> > krita/image and krita/ui.
>
> I seriously doubt you can have two licenses in the source that produce a
> single binary -- but then, I'm not a lawyer.
then countless of opensource project are breaking the law.... as long as the
licence are compatible you can mix them. Of course, in the case of mixing
LGPL and GPL, that would mean that in krita binary, my source code is
degraded into GPLv2.

And while, I was more or less happy with GPLv2 (and even v2+ until v3
happens), while yes we can keep it that way. Once krita link to something
which is v3, it means all code degrade to v3 as well until the dependency is
removed. Whereas with LGPLv2 the code remains under the term you wanted it to
be.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---