Move to graphicsmagick

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed May 31 14:56:39 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 14:43, John R. Culleton wrote:
> If the bug is fixed then graphicsmagick may not be needed for
> Slackware. Perhaps it may not be needed for Krita either. My
> concern is that if the bug is fixed then graphicsmagick may not
> be offered on Slackware, which will eventually make Krita not
> available on that distro.

The problem with imagemagick as a library is that the API is not stable: this
means that it is very hard for us to continue to keep Krita working with all
the various versions of imagemagick. Graphicsmagick was created to solve that
problem. Of course, at some point in time, we won't be dependent on either,
we use gm/im only for loading/saving bmp, gif, psd and a few other file
formats that we really want to support ourselves.