Design of KisCurveIterator

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Sun May 28 18:22:46 CEST 2006

On Sunday 28 May 2006 17:44, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Sunday 28 May 2006 15:28, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Subsampling is interesting, since we've already got several strategies
> > for subsampling. I'm thinking that what's needed is a low-level iterator
> > that returns a vector of four pixels according to the path defined by the
> > function, in core/tile. And then a high-level subsampling iterator that
> > takes these four pixels and subsamples it using our filter strategies in
> > core/.
>
> seems cool but someone will have to explain me the filter strategies. Are
> they used to transform the weight associated with each pixels ?
No they simply provide the weight based on the distance. And they are
one-dimensional.

For subsampling without scaling I would just calculate the area-based wieghts
directly But remember to do the actual blending via colorspaces, so
Boudewijn's reply is spot on.

However I too (like Bart) have reservations about bloating tiles with new
iterators at all.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann