Move to graphicsmagick

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri May 26 21:39:42 CEST 2006

On Friday 26 May 2006 13:55, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > An email in this thread already answers that question:
> >
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-kimageshop&m=114856571013674&w=2
> >
> > Riddell is a packager for a big distro.
>
> and if graphicsmagick isn't found, krita will fallback to the ImageMagick
> version one, but as it is not anymore supported by us, it might compile or
> might not, depending if their is once again an API change or not.

So we have a application, Krita, which is supposedly part of a
gui package, KDE, that may or may not work, depending on whether
or not the maker of the distribution has included graphicsmagick.

That pattern does not seem to fit what is expected of a
production environment like KDE. Either graphicsmagick is to be
included with all KDE distributions or else Krita should be
labeled as an experimental application, not guaranteed to work
out of the box. I prefer that latter designation. I am in the
process of installing graphicsmagick so as to cover myself, but
how will every user of KDE know to do that? Neither my recent
Slackware installation nor my recent Debian installation include
grahicsmagick.

comments?

--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: