Paper generation

Leonardo Giordani leonardo.giordani at treuropa.com
Fri Mar 31 16:17:18 CEST 2006

> I see what you mean -- it's not quite the same as what I thought, but it's
> a better idea. I'll try to come up with some code and an architecture that
> will allow this this weekend.

Wow, you are Alladin's lamp: I ask and you code it. Well... I want... Krita
3.0 for next week... is it too much time? :-)

This weekend I will code a bit my watercolors: I have already implemented the
Kubelka-Munk reflectance model and the layer composing functions. I'm working
on fromQColor and toQColor. Because fo them I started implementing a paper
model: when you paint a watercolor its reflectance and trasmittance compose
with the underlying layers, that is paper, at least; so I need reflectance
and trasmittance of paper or its KM parameters.

I wanted to quickly reach a condition in which I can paint something, even
only black, from there I can play with optical composing and friends. Sadly
now Krita crashes just after selecting my colorspace and clicking Create; but
some methods are missing, so it is an expected crash.

Is there a minimal set of methods a colorspace must define to be usable? For
example if I want to paint in plain black and nothing more, what methods must
I define?

Bye

Leo

--
Leonardo Giordani

Tele-Rilevamento Europa - T.R.E. s.r.l.
a POLIMI spin-off company
Via Vittoria Colonna, 7
20149 Milano - Italia
tel.: +39.02.4343.121
fax: +39.02.4343.1230
e-mail: leonardo.giordani (at) treuropa.com
web: www.treuropa.com