Paper generation

Leonardo Giordani leonardo.giordani at treuropa.com
Fri Mar 31 14:42:13 CEST 2006

> A layer in Krita doesn't have a fixed size: as soon as you move or paint
> outside the original size of the layer (and only the first layer of an
> image is initialized to a size, new layers start out empty), new tiles are
> created using the default pixel value; for good paper generation, you need
> context, so I think  we should make it possible to initialize more than
> just one pixel, but a 64x64 area (or make that size user-definiable).

Definitely yes. I was thinking that storing paper information in pixels is too
expensive in terms of memory used, so your proposal is welcome. Watercolors
already have many parameters, adding paper informations could lead to severe
performance loss.

I figure it this way: you can select the paper from a set of precomputed ones
or manually adjust the various properties. Once done the tile is generated
and used to fill up the "canvas layer".

Then what I need is a function that returns the paper properties at the pixel
x,y, this way with a 64x64 area (or similar) you represent a canvas as big as
needed without wasting precious memory.

--
Leonardo Giordani

Tele-Rilevamento Europa - T.R.E. s.r.l.
a POLIMI spin-off company
Via Vittoria Colonna, 7
20149 Milano - Italia
tel.: +39.02.4343.121
fax: +39.02.4343.1230
e-mail: leonardo.giordani (at) treuropa.com
web: www.treuropa.com