[Inkscape-devel] Re: OpenDocument. Was: Photoshop PSD 6 format Spec / Gimp XCF format Spec

Bob Jamison rwjj at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 7 22:12:45 CET 2006

Bob Jamison wrote:

> HOWEVER
> =========
> But there is one special trick to ODF that nobody ever uses.  Zip is
> -NOT- required by the specification.

Well, I might be wrong on this.  The spec says "uses" a packaging
format,  though the wording does not say "shall"  or "may."  However,
there is talk on the opendocument list about this, calling it the "flat xml"
format.   The spec doc is terribly vague in a lot of areas.

sorry.  I'll crawl back into my hole now. :)

bob