automatically naming adjustment layers now broken

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at aon.at
Sat Mar 4 09:46:21 CET 2006

* Sander Koning -- Saturday 04 March 2006 09:42:
> Melchior FRANZ wrote on 2006-03-03 19:15 +0100 regarding automatically naming adjustment layers now broken:
> > Arghhh ... someone destroyed that brand new feature today! Apparently,
> > void KisDlgAdjustmentLayer::slotNameChanged( const QString & text )
> > is now only called once

Of course the bug description was nonsense. slotNameChanged is only called
if the slot was changed. What I really meant is that
KisDlgAdjustmentLayer::selectionHasChanged() is apparently no longer called.

> Imagine for example that I want to add an adjustment layer for an ageing effect,
> and select Brightness/Contrast. I rename the layer to something more
> understandable (eg "Ageing effect"), and then decide that I'd rather use the
> Color Adjustment filter. I select that one, and the auto-renaming makes that I
> have to set the custom name again.

That was not the case! As soon as you changed the name field, this was
no longer updated. Your fears are totally unjustified.

m.