The future of selections and masks in Krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jul 31 23:04:21 CEST 2006

On Monday 31 July 2006 22:55, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Monday 31 July 2006 21:39, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > Another use case against per-layer selection is when the user has created
> > a selection on the wrong layer (which happens quite often). It will be
> > very nice to be able to just switch layer and have the selection
> > following along.
>
> Or even nicer to just move the selection to the other layer?

Btw: the big problem here is, of course, that even with a single global
selection, that selection always seems to act on the currently active layer,
not on all layers. That's where the
the "global-selection-that-follows-the-active-layer" concept shows its origin
in single-layer paint applications most clearly. I think it's horribly broken
and I have observed Photoshop users completely messing up exactly because of
this feature.