New icon for Tool Freehand

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed Jul 26 10:34:23 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 18:48, emanuele at valinor.it wrote:
> Hello,
> I've drawn a new icon for tool freehand, just to try to improve it.
>
> The new one is in tool_freehand.png... compare it with
> tool_freehand_old.png

I like the fact that its rounder, but there are several things where its
not as good.
- There are no fully black pixels in there, which makes it feel blurry and
means it will not work well on all backgrounds
- there is no white in there to shadow the black stroke. Which means it
will not show up on a dark background.
- Its rather more complex than the previous one, and people might try to
see what it means.

I think that for kde4 we should let the artists do a whole new set of
icons for koffice anyway, so don't spent too much time on this :)

--
Thomas Zander