Problem with KisAbstractColorspace::difference

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Thu Jan 26 16:02:42 CET 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 15:40, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to problem with the current implementation of
> KisAbstractColorspace::difference :
>
> 1) he doesn't work at all in CMYK, try do draw a circle, and then to fill
> it, whatever threshold you choose you fill the entire image
>
> 2) I am a little bit confuse, in RGB I expect White and Black to be the two
> most differenct color, and so I expect difference(White, Black) to return
> 255, but it return only 100, while difference(Blue, Yellow) return 255,
> which I find normal (it's even worse in Grayscale as you don't have blue vs
> yellow).
It uses deltaE which is an international standard, based (to a degree) on
perceptual input from actual persons.

However, it is most accurate when colors are close, so the extremes you
describe are not handled very well.

If we can find a way to provide better long distance accuracy while retaining
close accuracy too - it would be great.
--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann