student research project and krita

Florian Merz FlorianMerz at web.de
Sat Feb 25 09:22:15 CET 2006

> > I have to do some kind of research project/seminal paper for university
> > (Studienarbeit in german) and I thought maybe I can use this to get
> > into krita development if I can find a suitable subject.
>
> Good! There should be plenty of stuff to do.

I'm sorry to tell this but my prof more or less decided for me to work on a
different subject so helping krita is out of question for me for now. As it
looks right now it'll be about a global color correction for panorama
images. Also interesting but unfortunately not very useful for krita as I
am supposed to enhance a panorama program created by some guy at my profs
department.

> Porting lcms to openGL shaders: that would speed up color correcting,
> would be very innovative, widely useful and you might get money from
> NVidia or ATI to do that. (Although nvidia probably wants you to use Cg,
> which is a bummer).

This one sounds very interesting (and I'm not talking about the money). I
hope time allows me to have a try at this when I'm finished with my
upcoming project.

Regards,
 Florian