student research project and krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Feb 24 23:15:54 CET 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, John R. Culleton wrote:

> Thanks for the prompt and useful reply. I am using 1.4.90 and KDE
> 3.5.1.  Is that combination new enough?

Oh, no -- that's at least a month old :-). We've been doing a lot
of work in the meantime. I'm going to tag rc1 Monday or Tuesday,
and that'll be released a week later.

> How do I arrange for Krita to use the OpenGL back end? How would
> I test my present system to test whether or not it is using the
> better library?

In the settings dialog window, display/enable openGL. Just check
the checkbox. Warning: if you're not using one of the !@#$%
proprietary graphics drivers by nvidia or ati, it'll make Krita
slower. I'm using a laptop with an ati card right now, and the
ati driver makes it impossible to suspend, so I'm using the non-openGL
(or QPainter) mode myself.

> Thanks again for all your efforts.

We're having fun :-)

Boudewijn