rotating & shearing

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Tue Feb 7 22:57:03 CET 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 20:19, Michael Thaler wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 February 2006 19:53, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > I have more or less converted krita to use the new transform code.
> >
> > I'm only a single crash away from committing.
>
> Do you plan to also replace the scaling code with your new transform code?
> Because the scaling code does some cashing and some special case handling
> and that is why it actually works so well.
That was the plan yes

> Right now the scaling code is not really color space independent, but it
> works well with RGB8/16, CMYK8/16 and even LAB. However, it produces
> artifacts with floating point colorspaces.
>
> What should we do? Should I try to rework the scaling code or should we
> replace it?
I'll replace it soon.

I would much rather have you help optimizing and bugfixing the transform code.
At least come with input. I know you don't know the code, but it is not that
different from the other one, so you should soon find yourself on familiar
ground.

> On the one hand I think it is bad to have two junks of code that do more or
> less the same thing. On the other hand the scaling routine is really good
> and fast and I would not like to see it replaced with something that does
> not work as well and is not as fast (if this is the case).
To an extent the colorspace independence is what makes it slow.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann