rotating & shearing

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at physik.tu-muenchen.de
Tue Feb 7 20:19:49 CET 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 19:53, Casper Boemann wrote:

> I have more or less converted krita to use the new transform code.
>
> I'm only a single crash away from committing.

Do you plan to also replace the scaling code with your new transform code?
Because the scaling code does some cashing and some special case handling and
that is why it actually works so well.

Right now the scaling code is not really color space independent, but it works
well with RGB8/16, CMYK8/16 and even LAB. However, it produces artifacts with
floating point colorspaces.

What should we do? Should I try to rework the scaling code or should we
replace it?

On the one hand I think it is bad to have two junks of code that do more or
less the same thing. On the other hand the scaling routine is really good and
fast and I would not like to see it replaced with something that does not
work as well and is not as fast (if this is the case).

Greetings,
Michael