For the future -- lcms and big images

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Tue Feb 7 17:28:04 CET 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 17:18, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> The problem here is, I guess, that we want the OpenGL path to handle
> scaling and conversion to the display profile.
>
> But maybe we can come up with a smart hack to experiment with speeding this
> up?
I can see why you'd want that, using OpenGL is _insanely_ much faster with
this 3000x3000 image (loading time 22s -> 10s, zooming out to minimal zoom
level is _very smooth_). But I guess for much more insanely large images that
even opengl would start to become slow, with all the transferring of data
taking place?
In any case, keeping the OpenGL path separate for this is a good idea, it
seems.