Krita 1.6: my proposal

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Mon Feb 6 20:39:25 CET 2006

On Monday 06 February 2006 20:30, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Well, I think we will simply need the time ourselves, if we want the port
> to be more than just a port, but to make use of the improvements Qt4 makes
> possbile. Besides, I don't want to duck out of my responsibility to koffice
> to such an extent.
No I also want to help out, but with both a 1.6 and 2.0 being done
concurrently both are actually in a kind of freeze. Or we would end up with a
lot of merging

I really fear this scenario. Lots of housekeeping to have two versions at the
same time. Also this will effectively kill my interest in developing for 1.6

And if nothing is going into 1.6 then the argument about loosing pr for krita
over gimp is just as valid as ever.

> Well... I wouldn't count on it. The latest news is that all application
> developers are called upon to drop work on their apps and help out with
> kdelibs because that still hasn't progressed beyond trying to get rid of
> qt3support.
Doesn't sound nice

--
best regards / venlig hilsen