Krita 1.6: my proposal

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Feb 6 20:08:15 CET 2006

> * Krita 2.0 -- porting to Qt4 starts as soon as it's possible to run an
> application, say, konqueror, on kdelibs4 without crashing.
erf konqueror 1.5 still crash, so it would never happen ;)

> * Krita 1.6 -- to be released in September.
>   - This is a feature release.
>   - Core hacking will be limited to adding stuff to existing classes,
> removing and changing existing API's is a no-no, adding new classes, ditto.
> People adding stuff to the 1.6 API _must_ _absolutely_ also add the same to
> 2.0, at the same time.
Why no new class ? (I was hoping for a new iterator... snif :() (or I can add
it to 1.5 and then say : oh it's totally broken I need to fix for 1.6 ;p )

>   - Someone else must be release dude for 1.6
I volunteer, I should have enought time, but I expect you to help me ;)

>   - It may include such plugins from the krita/plugins project as are
> deemed stable by Cyrille.
>
> * Krita-plugins -- if Cyrille agrees, a public release every two months,
>   - without translations etc. Translations will come when stable plugins
> are added to Krita.
I agree
--
--- Cyrille Berger ---