Krita 1.6: my proposal

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Feb 6 19:50:06 CET 2006

Okay, this is my proposal for the post 1.5 period.

Two tracks:

* Krita 2.0 -- porting to Qt4 starts as soon as it's possible to run an
application, say, konqueror, on kdelibs4 without crashing.

* Krita 1.6 -- to be released in September.
  - This is a feature release.
  - Core hacking will be limited to adding stuff to existing classes, removing
and changing existing API's is a no-no, adding new classes, ditto. People
adding stuff to the 1.6 API _must_ _absolutely_ also add the same to 2.0,
at the same time.
  - Someone else must be release dude for 1.6
  - It may include such plugins from the krita/plugins project as are deemed
stable by Cyrille.

* Krita-plugins -- if Cyrille agrees, a public release every two months,
  - without translations etc. Translations will come when stable plugins are
added to Krita.

I have to say that I envision myself working mainly in Krita 2.0.