Krita 1.6

Sander Koning sanderkoning at kde.nl
Mon Feb 6 00:05:13 CET 2006

Boudewijn Rempt wrote on 2006-02-05 21:58 +0100 regarding Re: Krita 1.6:

<snip>

> For many other things we can just build on what we have:
>
> * More functionality, more features. This includes filters, tools, paint ops,
> file formats -- but also core functionality like the selection methods Michael
> is implementing now.

A 1.6 release would, for my part, mean that the documentation could be extended
and completed as much as possible.

Filters, tools, paintops and file formats, as well as any other functionality,
would mean a motivation for me to dig more into Krita, and not only extend the
documentation to include the new additions, but also to improve the current
sections. For minor releases, the timeframe is often too small to do so.

Adding background sections and such would be nice to do for an official release
before 2.0. Having to wait more than a year before something new happens, is too
long for most people (funny, since they don't seem to care about waiting 3 years
for a new version of certain other products...).

And, extending on my current pursuings about icons and such, I think that a
feature and interface polishing release after a major feature release would be
useful before doing a port to a new codebase.

<snip again>

> So: options are:
>
> 1.6, but no core hacking, just fun features and plugins. Release in September
> (which means freeze in July!) 2.0 in parallel.

As you'd probably have guessed, I would be in favour of having such a release.
At least it would be a good schedule for me to keep working at a more or less
constant pace. But of course, I'm not doing the coding stuff, so don't let my
preferences lead your decision if that would mean hampering development.

Cheers,

--
Sander Koning                       |   sanderkoning - at - kde -.- nl
Documentation coordinator, KDE-NL   |   http://www.kde.nl/