Color manipulation functions in kdelibs?

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Tue Dec 12 23:11:22 CET 2006

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 20:56, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Cyrille Berger wrote:
> >> Otherwise, what do other
> >> people think about putting Pigment in kdelibs?
> >
> > I don't want to guarantee ABI and ABI stability (nor can I, with the
> > current design, and the changes to make that possible have not been
> > approved), so pigment in kdelibs is not an option for now.
>
> Ok, that makes sense. What about my other idea; if I wrote KColor as
> discussed, do you think that Pigment might want to make use of that?
No we already have a KoColor class that does exactly that

> Would it be possible/reasonable to do things so that this hypothetical
> KColor would support additional color spaces in a dynamic manner? Or
> would it be better to limit KColor to sRGB space (with support for
> alternate representations of the same, i.e. HLS/HSV)?
hmm QColor already does that. Well maybe not stating that it is sRGB.
It all depends on what apps in general wants.

okular and image viewers should want colormanagement. Pigment has been
promoted from krita to all of koffice for just that reason: color management

> Do you not expect Pigment to have settled down by the time KDE4 is
> released?
maybe but i doubt in time for kdelibs freeze

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann