The future of selections and masks in Krita

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Tue Aug 1 18:42:51 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 18:21, Casper Boemann wrote:
> No because the "hell" is about not knowing what you selection is. So as
> soon as it isn't a selection anymore I don't concider it a hell.
Perhaps. But I still don't see it as a hell.

> yeah implementation. We have other colors than blue available, and besides
> it's not inconcievable that users might want to hide the visualisation once
> they have the editing mask in place ( a toggle )
Ok, fair enough.

> Good point. In practice I think you would buoild up your mask in the
> selection and then convert it to a edit mask. so no immediate problem.
Well yeah, that's the extra step I referred to. But indeed, it's not a very
big problem as such.

> However it might be good to have an "append selection to mask" in addition
> to the plain "create mask from selection" in case you want to modify it
> that way.
Append as in: merge the current selection to the mask, or append as in: every
action the user does on the selection, also do it to the mask? I think both
might have some problems.

Bart