The future of selections and masks in Krita

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Tue Aug 1 15:57:02 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 15:37, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> No, he just a hobbyist photographer. The closest persona to him is Arthur.
> But he is a real user: which means that, anecdotal as all user observation
> is, it's a real, and not an imaginary data point.
>
> > Then he is not a target user and him not understanding it is irrelevant
> > to the design of the application.
>
> I disagree here. I may have misunderstood "Arthur the amateur landscape
> photographer", but I did not get the impression he was a profession
> Photoshop user.
I think your father and Arthur are almost a perfect match. No photoshop
experience required (althought your father has)

> > Maybe krita devs want to add a less proficient user to the list of
> > personas?
>
> Yes, I think we need to have a persona who isn't pickled in Photoshop. It
> now appears that our persona's are just three kinds of photoshop users;
> understandable since all graphics artists are photoshop users nowadays, but
> not what I am interested in. Because if that's where Krita is going, we may
> as well decide on a particular version of Photoshop and clone it literally.
I don't think so. Neither Arthur nor Claire have used photoshop before (well
maybe tried it but not used it)

> I think that the original use-cases where completely centered on Arthur and
> forgot all about Claire.
That was kind of intentional as I don't see usecases for Claire regarding
selections. She wants to paint and paint over and maybe use an eraser. She
might want to use masks akin to stencils with a airbrush

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann