Colorspaces and medium interactions

BERGER Cyrille cberger at cberger.net
Mon Apr 3 12:26:26 CEST 2006

> > > The paintop and palette are debatable.
> > about palettes, we have allready too much palette visibles at the same
> > time, and some are useless for the selected layer. I mean the wet
> > palette is only usuable with watercolor.
>
> I did add code to only show the wet palette if the current layer is wet,
> and to hide the wet palette if the current layer is not wet. It seemed
> to work for me.
sorry I don't have access to krita right now, and last time I tried
watercolors the other palettes weren't disabled :)

> I think we should have three color selectors active by default, and the
> rest hidden at the user's option:
>
> * hsv colorwheel (but one with a triangle inside the circle, that one
> seems to be preferred by artists above the one with the solid circle)
> * swatches (the palettes palette)
> * a placeholder for media paint selection.
and then a placeholder for the palette associated with the currently
selected colorspace could be offer as an option ? and the history of
colors goes in the swatches ?

> Oh, and for what it's worth: Photoshop only shows rgb,
> swatches and something called "Styles" -- no cmyk,
> gray, hsv or whatever color selector.
even when you have a cmyk image ? Well maybe I have selected to have
the palette shown all the time then, I will check that. But because
photoshop do something one way, doesn't mean we have to follow them.

--
Cyrille Berger