Scaling...

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at physik.tu-muenchen.de
Sat Apr 1 15:16:32 CEST 2006

Hi,

the new scaling code is quite broken... Create a new image (RGB White 640 x
480). Scale it to 30% of its original size. Look at the result, there is
a "nice" pattern... Actually there was some code in the old scaling code to
handle this case.

It is also quite slow.  Try to scale down a 3500 x 2500 pixels image. It needs
something like 15 seconds on my computer.

I guess I am back to gimp to do real work:-( Which is quite sad because I
really started using Krita to rescale my scanned drawings.

Greetings,
Michael