Roadmap update

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Sun Sep 25 22:08:31 CEST 2005

On Sunday 25 September 2005 21:54, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> * Painterly features
>         - run physics simulation in background with threads or times
>           (essential! for these features)
>         - fix paintops to include bidi color transfer and
> running-out-of-paint --> I'm not sure how far we'll go here.ls
I wonder if we'll be able to make any of this work before then :-( The wet
paintop is the closest thing we have, and even that still sucks horribly in
almost every way possible. We would need to spend lots of time on this to fix
and understand the issues here, I fear.

> * Tile manager
>         - malloc cache
I have a local proof of concept thing for a tile allocation cache working, but
I don't notice any difference actually :-(

Bart