koffice/filters/krita/magick

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Sep 18 23:44:02 CEST 2005

On Sunday 18 September 2005 23:13, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:

> 	Improved PSD support is #1 on my list, when I find more spare time
> to spend on GM...But I've been saying that for 3 years now :(.

And in the end, it's hardly going to be worth much, because we're basically
limited to Photoshop 6. I tried to get info on the newest file psd format and
even got as far as getting some person at Adobe to do his best for me, but
the legal department nixed the idea of giving me the spec.

> 	.xcf (GIMP) support was something I threw together a bunch of years
> back as a way to have a second real file format that pushed the layers and
> compositing features.  It's pretty limited, but functional.

And xcf is explicitly described by the Gimp developers as an unstable internal
file format, not suitable for interchange. I wonder what format could be used
and garner strong support from all open source graphics apps.

> 	.tiff support is top notch!  If there is something missing in our
> TIFF support, please let me know.

I'm not sure, not being really knowledgeable, but I had the feeling that I
couldn't get certain tags. But then, I may just have missed some features of
the tiff importer.