Krita's rendering model

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Thu Sep 15 15:10:18 CEST 2005

On Thursday 15 September 2005 14:57, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I just tested, and even invisible areas are composited when the image is
> loaded for the first time, meaning that a 1600x1200 image gives us a
> projection with an extent of
Ah ok, then I didn't read enough code of to see that. But as Casper says: it
still recomposites the parts we display each time.

> I'm now experimenting with a smaller projection of just the size a single
> render rect.
I think that would be a good idea. If all that it does is sitting there eating
memory, we'd better get rid of it. That would certainly speed up drawing big
images with the current code because we wouldn't need to load and store those
tiles in the swap.