Filters configuration

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue Oct 18 21:19:33 CEST 2005

> Example; KMail has a 'automatic collapse level' number  (see kmail config
> dialog, appearance, message window).
> The level 0 means no-automatic-collapse.
> In a config file having 0 as an 'off' switch makes perfect sense, but in a
> UI you want to be able to have a checkbox or a special value for that.
Apparently my kmail version is either too old or too new (or too tweaked by
Mandriva ?) and I don't have this in my configuration dialog :)

> This is very hard to fix in a general manner, and if you do it I can
> assure you that after 10 other such problems you will again start to use
> UI files since its less work.
But in the case of filters, it is mostly sliders, comboxbox, and sometime
checkbox, just run gimp/krita and you can see that. And they are stack in
QHLayoutManager (or whatever is the equivalent name in GTK+). And what I see
in the gimp is total inconsitency between all filters configuration widgets.
If you have a way to avoid that for krita (especially for external
developements) I would like to know how.

And anyway, as boud has already decide, I don't think we will ever see
automatic ui for filters :(

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---