Palette font size

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Tue Oct 18 12:28:11 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 01:46 am, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 October 2005 05:26, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> > There's an item in the Krita settings dialog called "Palette font size".
> > Mine defaults to 8.  Changing this doesn't seem to do anything and when I
> > come back to the settings dialog, it is 8 again.
> >
> > I'm just guessing, but I thought palette font size was always 80% of the
> > toolbar font size, so perhaps this should be removed from the settings
> > dialog?
>
> I changed that because many people complained about illegible palettes: If
> the font size doesn't change when changing the setting on restarting Krita,
> then I've probably got a bug to fix.

I changed the Palette font size from 8 to 10.  Clicked OK.  Before exiting
Krita, went to settings dialog again; it was back to 8.  Restarted Krita, now
palette fonts are larger, but settings dialog still says 8.  Click Cancel.
Restart Krita.  Fonts still larger; settings dialog still says 8.  Click OK
in settings dialog.  Restart Krita.  Palette fonts are back to small again
and settings dialog says 8.  So it appears that the settings dialog is not
reflecting the current setting and always says 8, and if you click OK, then
sets the Palette font size to whatever the dialog says.

Next, I erased kritarc file, started Krita, went to settings, clicked OK.
kritarc now contains "palettefontsize=8".  Changed to 10 and click OK.
"palettefontsize=10".  Restart krita.  Still "palettefontsize=10".  Go to
settings dialog, click OK.  Back to "palettefontsize=8".

Hope you don't mind; I committed fix to kis_dlg_preferences.cc.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)