event bugs & selection picker

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Sun May 1 13:52:21 CEST 2005

Sven Langkamp wrote:
> Ah, I see. I thought the tools would be created only once. Is it really
> necessary to have the whole set of tools for each inputdevice? Would it be
> much more convenient if you have the same tool setting on each inputdevice (I
> don't have a tablet, do know if this is feasible with a tablet)?

It feels quite nice that you can have different settings for each device
so you can quickly swap between them, but then there are times when that
  flexibility isn't needed and it does complicate things then. Also, if
the different devices have different settings, they probably ought to
have the ability to have their own brush, foreground/background colours
etc. I think this needs reevaluating after the release, particularly
if/when we switch to separating tools from paint ops (from the user
interface point of view).

Adrian