event bugs & selection picker

Sven Langkamp longamp at reallygood.de
Sun May 1 01:32:32 CEST 2005

Am Samstag, 30. April 2005 16:29 schrieb Adrian Page:
> Sven Langkamp wrote:
> > But why do you connect the actions manually in setInputDevice? The tools
> > automatically connect activate() and the action on creation.
>
> Because each input device has its own set of tools, so there is one
> brush tool for the mouse, one for the tablet stylus, one for the tablet
> eraser, etc. So there are three brush tools but only one of them wants
> to be connected to the action - the one owned by the current input
> device. When the device changes, it disconnects the previous device's
> tools and connects the new one's.
>
> I hope that makes sense. It seemed like a good way to do it at the time
> but there may well be a better way.

Ah, I see. I thought the tools would be created only once. Is it really
necessary to have the whole set of tools for each inputdevice? Would it be
much more convenient if you have the same tool setting on each inputdevice (I
don't have a tablet, do know if this is feasible with a tablet)?
Also this could be problematic if we want to share the tools across views.