Crop Tool

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at kde.org
Mon Mar 28 19:47:28 CEST 2005

* Boudewijn Rempt -- Monday 28 March 2005 19:29:
> I think that unsetting the crop coordinates when the tool is deactivated
> for another tool would be a good idea, though.

What annoys me in GIMP is this: I set the crop rectange to an exact size,
which is often required for submitting thumbnails, but then I notice, that
I need to scale the image down a bit more. The rectangle disappears. I
select the crop tool again, and: have to set the 171x128 again. Damn! But
the object does still not fit in the frame, and there we go again. Why do
I have to set one and the same size again and again and again?!?

I'd like the crop tool to open in the last selected size. This is a great
help if you need the same size, but shouldn't disturb otherwise. Just make
a new selection, what you would have had to do anyway.

Another thing that GIMP does and that is nice: the rectangle is key-controlled:

  <cursor-keys> ... move rectangle pixel wise (or in bigger steps with SHIFT)
  CTRL-<cursor> ... change rectangle size pixels wise (or in bigger steps
                    with SHIFT)

m.

PS: I just subscribed as a lurker, and intended to keep my mouth shot. But ...