tabs and multiple images in one document

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Mon Mar 28 15:19:02 CEST 2005

On Monday 28 March 2005 15:08, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Sunday 27 March 2005 13:36, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > > * Removing current image does not ask whether to save the image
> > >   even if it has been changed -> people will expect Krita to save the
> > >   image in its import format. Nobody will assume that all the tabs
> > >   together form one big document that is saved/exported as a whole.
> > >
> > > We have discussed the tabs before as I recall. Didn't we agree that
> > > they should go, and if so do any of you know if this is a small
> > > operation.
>
> I've been looking at it again, because I've started writing the beginnings
> of a user manual, and there's one scenario where having multiple images in
> one document is useful; if we start exploring the sketchbook/portfolio
> metaphor. This just occurred to me when I was writing the open-a-file
> section of the quick tour chapter.

yes, but couldn't the user just use a new/extra layer as a sketchbook. I know
I do...

It even has the added benefit of the user being able to see what he/she is
sketching for and being able to finaldraw (is that the word) whith a kind of
onion effect.

In my mind sketchbooks are for paintapps with no layers

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann