Crop Tool

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 28 14:36:18 CEST 2005

On Monday 28 March 2005 14:24, Michael Thaler wrote:

> * The handles do not work when the canvas is zoomed.

Hm... That should be fixable, I guess -- I don't think I have time to look at
that soon, though.

> * Cropping two times gives strange results. It looks like some of the image
> properties are set incorrectly when crop is used for the first time.

I see... Undoing a crop gives funny results, too. I'm now working on
rotating/scaling/mirroring using the exact extent of a layer, instead of the
tiles extent, but I'll look at this when I've done that.

> * The nice shadow that gimp draws around the selected area is not there:-(
> But I suppose this has to wait until Qt4

Unless you want to build-in an extra filter over the QImage used in the
renderToPainter that takes every pixel from the QImage and makes it grayer --
that would be possible, and if done right, would speed up showing selections
a lot, too. But it'd take a lot to get it done right, with all zoom levels and
image displacements.