Archaeology...

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Thu Mar 24 23:10:55 CET 2005

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> int KisView::canvasXOffset() const
> {
> 	return static_cast<Q_INT32>(ceil(m_xoff * zoom()));
> }
>
> int KisView::canvasYOffset() const
> {
> 	return static_cast<Q_INT32>(ceil(m_yoff * zoom()));
> }
>
> Now this is either a genuine bug, and we need to set m_xoff and m_yoff more
> often, thereby finally fixing our problems with zoomed painting, filling and
> filtering, or I can just throw this code out... I don't know!

I think you can throw them out. These used to be used with the Paint
Offset 'feature', but since that was removed, there's no need for us to
override the KoView implementations, which return 0 by default. The
KoView header describes what they're intended for.

What are the problems with zoomed painting/filtering etc you mention?
They seem to work alright at first glance.

I have noticed that painting while zoomed in is slow. Also, scrolling
the screen is a lot slower and jerkier than it used to be. We also seem
to be leaking huge amounts of memory while painting, which might be part
of the problem. I'll have a look into what's going on there.

Adrian