kis_canvas and widgets

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Thu Mar 24 19:50:57 CET 2005

Hello,

I was thinking about improving the crop tool a little bit. Actually it would
be very nice to add handles like in gimp to resize the area to crop. The
easiest way would probably be to paint a widget on the kis_canvas. Now I have
to questions;

- is there a function to get a pointer to the kis_canvas that can be used as a
parent widget for my widget?

- is it at all possible to paint regions of a widget transparent? I thought
about drawing lines and handles, but the background of the widget must of
course be transparent, so that you see the actual image.

Some hints how to do this would be really nice,
Greetings,
Michael