tool activate()

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 21 10:00:51 CET 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 09:09, Casper Boemann wrote:

> activate() is called twice (along with -6 times update, as if the tool is
> installed twice), when I click on its icon the first time, but then it
> isn't called anymore, even if I switch to say a brush and back.

Every tool _is_ installed three times, once for the mouse, once for the stylus
and once for the eraser end of the stylus.

The problem you describe above looks a lot like the problems I initially had
when I made the crop tool a plugin. You need to be careful which action
collection you add the tool action to. Did you take the crop tool as a
template? Is your new tool a plugin?

> Also there is a clean() method, which seems to do what I want deactivate()
> to be.

??? In which file?