Some issues with the polyline and polygon tools

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Mar 19 23:25:27 CET 2005

On Saturday 19 March 2005 18:13, Michael Thaler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there are some issues with the polyline and the polygon tool. First, the
> code of the polyline and the polygon tool is the same except for two lines.
> I guess this is not a good thing, but since plugins cannot depend on
> eachother, there is no obvious way to solve it. Do you have any
> suggestions? Second, the polyline tool does work exactly as the polyline
> tool in kolourpaint. But the polygon tool does not. It closes the polygon
> only after the last right click. Should it stay like this or do you prefer
> the behaviour from Kolourpaint?

In general, I think that being consistent with other applications on our
platform is preferable; as two having two similar tools, I don't think it
would be bad to have two tools in one plugin if they are using the same code.
If polygon code is something that can usefully be added to KisPainter, that's
another possibility (I'm just home from Brussels, so I haven't checked).