Bump-mapping

Saem Ghani saem-ghani at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 30 08:44:16 CEST 2005

Okay, here are the details.

It all started with softwire (http://softwire.sf.net), that's what's used to
express the fast math.  This was then used by the same person, to create,
'real virtuality' and swShader (http://softwire.sourceforge.net/extra.html).
The latter is basically a software emulator for DirectX 9.  Bump mapping
along with other effects would be trivial.

I'll contact Nick by way of beyond3d.com forums and ask him to drop by this
mailing list if possible.