Bump-mapping

Saem Ghani saem-ghani at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 30 02:43:47 CEST 2005

Sorry about the lack of activity, but the subject jumped out at me, and I was
compelled to make time for it.

In anycase, I hang out in the beyond3d forums a lot.  And a person there,
going by the name Nick, has released some software (highly tuned, assembly)
routines to do some very impressive pixel shader stuff.  I believe the
license is very liberal and it's hosted on sourceforge.  Point being is that
bumpmapping could be done very quickly and these routines could be put in
side by side with standard krita routines for large speed improvements.

If people are interesting, I can scrounge up the details and maybe even get
Nick to come by the mailing list and potentially help or at least advise.