Crash on startup

Mr YouP mr.youp at free.fr
Fri Jun 24 23:23:48 CEST 2005

Le Vendredi 24 Juin 2005 22:28, Boudewijn Rempt, dans son immense bonté,
déclamait :
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Mr YouP wrote:
> > One my system, Krita crash at every startup :(
> > i.e., I launch Krita, it brings up the opening/templates dialog, If I
> > choose a template, it brings the new image dialog,  press OK, it crash.
> > If I go and pick an image for opening, it crashes as well.
> >
> > I'm running Kubuntu Hoary with official Koffice stable package (from here
> > : http://kubuntu.org/hoary-koffice-14.php )
> > I think my system is pretty clean. The only particularity may be that I
> > using a Wacom tablet.
> > I believe (hope) it's a local problem (because it too enormous for being
> > missed ;) )
>
> Yes, it definitely must be a local problem because I run kubuntu hoary
> myself (with additional Qt packages from Jonathan Riddell that enable tabel
> support, I've got a wacom pad, too).
>
> Now about this crash: I strongly suspect that there are some very old
> plugins or other bits of Krita on your system. It would be best to remove
> the koffice packages and then do a
>
> find /usr -name \*krita\*
>
> If that returns files, do
>
> find /usr -name  \*krita\* | xargs rm -rf
OK, I found the problem, I tried some krita-cvs snapshot and forget the
export KDEDIRS=/home/docs/downloads/Graphisme/krita/krita-cvs/:$KDEDIRS
line in .bashrc. Now it works as a charm (at least it open empty doc :) )

You say that you're using additional Qt package for tablet support, does that
mean tablet works under Krita ? If yes, where are those package, can't manage
to find it (actually, google can't manage).

Anyway, thanks for the help !!