Crash on startup

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jun 24 22:28:52 CEST 2005

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Mr YouP wrote:

> Hi !!
>
> [blabla]
> Long time you didn't see me (try to give a hand one year ago, only produce a
> roughly class for Casper), but even I lack time to help you, I follow Krita
> from far to far. And today, I decided to test the first release :)
> [/blabla]
>
> One my system, Krita crash at every startup :(
> i.e., I launch Krita, it brings up the opening/templates dialog, If I choose a
> template, it brings the new image dialog,  press OK, it crash. If I go and
> pick an image for opening, it crashes as well.
>
> I'm running Kubuntu Hoary with official Koffice stable package (from here :
> http://kubuntu.org/hoary-koffice-14.php )
> I think my system is pretty clean. The only particularity may be that I using
> a Wacom tablet.
> I believe (hope) it's a local problem (because it too enormous for being
> missed ;) )

Yes, it definitely must be a local problem because I run kubuntu hoary myself
(with additional Qt packages from Jonathan Riddell that enable tabel support,
I've got a wacom pad, too).

Now about this crash: I strongly suspect that there are some very old
plugins or other bits of Krita on your system. It would be best to remove
the koffice packages and then do a

find /usr -name \*krita\*

If that returns files, do

find /usr -name  \*krita\* | xargs rm -rf

and try installing the koffice packages again.

Boudewijn