Steps in strokes

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Tue Jun 21 15:33:46 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 15:17, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > > Pixels, probably. That's what we use in gradients, too. Besides, images
> > > don't have a native resolution, really, if you look at the various dpi
> > > ratios of screen, tablet and printer.
> >
> > well in photoshop images have a metric size. The dpi of screen,printer is
> > the used to get it displayed right. Much like color profiles.
>
> I've had a long discussion about resolution with someone whose name has
> temporarily escaped my mind; the image resolution mockup in the imagesize
> plugin was the result of that. It should actually be quite easy to
> implement -- then 1:1 zoomed image would be as big on screen as on paper
> (given a correct dpi for X11, of course), but you still have a problem with
> the tablet that has a more pixels per square inch than the screen. Or at
> least, mine has, because it's the smallest, cheapest model wacom.
Yes I deliberately didn't mention tablet, because it might cause problems and
I don't know much about tablets.

And it may very well be that measureing in pixels is the way to go. On the
other hand we have to deal with zoom and tablets anyway. When zoomed in the
tablet pixels are not image pixels, are they?
--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann