Should we ask for a new logo

Sven Langkamp longamp at reallygood.de
Sun Jun 19 14:24:20 CEST 2005

Am Sonntag, 19. Juni 2005 14:07 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> On Sunday 19 June 2005 13:59, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> > The async code just prevented from templating the resource server, as Qt
> > doesn't support signals/slots in templates.
> >
> > I'm currently trying to merge the resource code of Krita and Karbon.
>
> Great! I'm all for it. It's a bit of a pity to lose the async loading of
> the resources, but if that means we can get rid of the resource server with
> duplicate code for every resource and that we are better integrated with
> Karbon, so be it. Maybe we'll need a splash screen after all :-).
I hope to find a workaround so that we can keep the async loading.

A disadvantage of the templated resource server is also that it can only store
one resource type, so that you would need 5 servers for the resource types
Krita currently supports. I don't know if there is a better way.

The Karbon integration is a bit difficult since the way Karbon handles e.g.
gradients is completely form Krita.