selection painting bug

Boudewijn Rempt boud at
Tue Jun 14 16:24:18 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 16:20, Casper Boemann wrote:

> well it isn't really - not yet anyway - but try it out - it's already
> commited. The active code is in KisSelection::paintSelection
> My idea is to make it so that it always differentiate itself clearly,
> whithout needing to change mask color.

Oh, okay -- that was why the selection mask was dark. I though I'd messed
up with QColor and KisColor :-).

> In fact I have disabled maskcolor. My intention is that visualisation of
> selections should be globally defined by the user in settings.
> To calm everybody down, I can tell you that the old code is still there,
> quite easy to reactivate.

Well, if it's an improvement in visibility and lets us remove a widget or so
from the tool config palette, then there's no reason to go back. What I'd
want is a thin clear line along the edges of the mask, much like a selection
rect in digikam. Maybe easy to with an edge detection on the selection mask?

Boudewijn Rempt