Color Spaces - RGB, CMYK, YUV

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Sun Jun 5 09:08:10 CEST 2005

On Saturday 04 June 2005 23:53, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> Am Samstag, 4. Juni 2005 15:26 schrieb Bart Coppens:
> > > * UI for color chooser
> >
> > Not necesarrily, but it would be handy. The standard color chooser could
> > still be used for colorspaces without an UI (converting from RGB), so
> > that we would not burden authors of new colorspaces to make an UI as
> > well.
>
> You can put a function into colorspace which returns a widget(singleton).
> If it returns 0 you fallback to a default widget e.g. the hsv widget.
Just to make sure:

KisColor should internally be based on XYZ (or lab), but not RGB. This to
provide the largest possible gamut.

The colorchooser should provide different colormodels for specification but
should always store in KisColor and thus in XYZ (or lab).

The user should have several ways of specifying color. In my mind it should be
a limited set including hsv and rgb, but in special cases like gray and with
substance channels we should provide a colorspace specific chooser. I don't
know if this is needed for YUV, but perhabs we should always provide the user
with rgb,hsv, plus the specific colorchooser, with the option of disabling
rgb and hsv if it doesn't make sense (as in gray).

KisPixel should be based on whatever colorspace the associated canvas is.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann