Color Spaces - RGB, CMYK, YUV

Grzegorz Borowiak grzes at gnu.univ.gda.pl
Sat Jun 4 11:08:39 CEST 2005

Ehlo!

I'm a programmer and an amateur movie maker.

I wonder if it is possible to modify Krita in such way that it could
handle images in YUV color space, as well as Photoshop handled CMYK, and
if this won't disturb long term plans of Krita development.

If yes, I would gladly implement this, as I need this for FX. So far I use
GIMP on video frames converted to RGB and I convert it back to YUV
(conversion by mplayer/mencoder), but it is ugly. I need a tool which
would allow me painting immediately on YUV frames.

Could you advise me, how to do it? I planned to see how CMYK is
implemented, but I can't see it at work: Krita does not allow me to use
CMYK colorspace, although there is some code for this.

--
Grzes