Toolbox

Sven Langkamp longamp at reallygood.de
Thu Jul 28 21:00:07 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2005 20:34 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> On Thursday 28 July 2005 20:23, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> > Hi hackathon participants
> >
> > The new toolbox is really nice. Though I think some things should be
> > changed:
> >
> > Can we bring back the eraser tool? I know we have the paintop box (now
> > Brushes and stuff), but it would be far easier to reach.
>
> It's open for discussion -- I'd prefer not to, though, because I really
> want to try and make the paintop box work better -- because this won't be
> the only eraser we'll have.
Most people are used to the eraser tool, I think. I don't think it's bad to
have both eraser and paintop box.

> > The tools should be slightly different order e.g. selection tools:
> > selection brush selection eraser
> > rectagular ellipse
> > polygon polyline
> > contiguous simelar
>
> True -- and that's quite easy to do by setting the priority of the tools
> correctly. Or at least, I think so. It just needs to be done.
>
> > The hints of the buttons in toolbox should not show the internal names.
>
> No -- that's a silly bug indeed :-).
I just looked into it. At the moment we have the transaction name, the name,
the name in the setup method (which is now obsolete) and the KisID in the
factory.
Using only the name should be enough.

> > By the way: Is the big space between the two columns a bug or is that
> > wanted?
>
> I think it's a bug... There are worse bugs in the toolbox, too. I'll
> probably fix them over the course of the next week.
>
> > I wish everybody much fun for rest of the hackathon.
>
> Thanks! Wish you could have been here.
I really wish I could have been there. I just read your second blog entry and
it seems there are some cool things on the way.  The layer stuff sounds cool,
although I can't imagine yet how that will look like.